Monday, August 18, 2014

Chanel is a Cinch Fall 2014 - Inspiration

Happy Monday!

Today's inspirational post is from the Chanel RTW Fall 2014 collection.  The ladies are still at the grocery store wearing seemingly relaxed, comfortable clothing.  Most of the designs are sporty looking featuring legging, cropped tops, A-line skirts, and dusters.  The collection comes with a rainbow of colors ranging from black and white to colorful confetti over a soft blue.  The footwear is sneakers and lace up boots.  (I want a pair of those boots. Wink, wink) One designs element that really caught my eye was the cinched waist or the illusion of one.  Here are a few designs from the Chanel RTW Fall 2014 Collection.  Enjoy!

C










12 comments:

  1. Oh my word. They're going to be fun to create.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Velosewer, Thanks for commenting. I like some of the style elements of the collection. I personally will not try copying any one particular outfit. I just thought it would be nice to share.

      Delete
  2. Yes, a cinched waist is certainly a common theme! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. Palmer/Pletsch has a new dress pattern with similar cinch waist detailing. I'm planning to make that dress this fall.

      Delete
  3. I like that last one a lot. It's very ladylike but very comfortable looking. Sure beats sweats and a tee for a day at the market!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that one a lot too. There are a few outfits in the collection that are leggings and a pullover top. I'm sure we will see a lot of those outfits at the store.

      Delete
  4. I like the beige one with all the zippers.
    I especially like the backdrop of the grocery store as we always dress like this to do our grocery shopping right?!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of sure, I always dress like this to grocery shop. Tee Hee.

      Delete
  5. Cennetta - Thank you for posting this link as well as links to other designers' fall and winter lines. The creative juices are starting to flow here. I'm coming up with all sorts of great ideas. BTW - I am waiting patiently to see your new fall/winter attire. Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vernelle, I'm glad this content is helpful. I like looking at the various designer collections to see if there is anything I can incorporate into my sewing projects.

      Delete
  6. There are a couple that I like; some are a little over the top. I wonder what Coco would think if she saw these designs today???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda,
      I wondered the same thing. The recent Chanel collection are not what I'd expect to see from Coco. There during some interesting things a the House of Chanel these days.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin