Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Staples: Complete A Wardrobe - Simplicity 4020





This next review is on Simplicity 4020. This is an oldie, but goody. The published date is 2006. Many of you have already made these tops or have the pattern in your collection. I've made Views B, D, and C with the most recent being View C. I consider these staple knit tops, especially, View C.



For the description, I will let the illustration speak for itself. The only thing I'll add is that the fabric used needs to have 30 percent stretch. The sizing is 4 to 20. I've used 12 and 14 over the years. The drawings give an accurate representation of the design lines for each top.

As far as the instructions, easy. Very simple and easy to follow. My likes are:

Pictured wearing a self-drafted skirt, slightly higher in the front (January 2014)
  • Simple casual tops that can be worn to work under a cardigan or jacket. They can also be worn on the weekend with jeans or knit pants.
  • Sews up quickly.

I used knits from Vogue Fabrics for all three tops made. This first one shown is View C with a self-draft skirt. Also, pictured with M5818 pant (TNT).


The next top shown is View B in a sweater knit; the pants are Simplicity 2315. (This pictures was taken Christmas 2012.)

I only made a FBA for View C; shown here, Simplicity 2594.

My favorite these days is View C. I may make it again. And I would recommend trying to pattern. It's easy; it sew up fast; and can be used as a staple in your wardrobe.

19 comments:

  1. What a great pattern! What a great basic. I love the blue outfit - Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this top pattern; need to pull it out again--thanks for reminding me a bout it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda T.
      Glad to be a source of encouragement.

      Delete
  3. I love both the black and white print as well as the blue one. Beautiful, just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just picked up this pattern at the thrift store. It's on my list to make for fall. Thanks for sharing your versions; my favorite is the blue one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This style looks so nice on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both outfits and that pattern is constantly out of stock at my JoAnns... its a must have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sheila. I didn't know it was still available. It's a good one.

      Delete
  7. Like a good wine, you just get better with time :) The tops are great, but I want those pants!!! I REALLY want those pants!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rhonda.
      I would give them to you but they would probably fall off of you.lI bought the fabric at Vogue a few years ago. I think they still have it. I wanted to showcase the print so I used a very simple pattern.

      I wasn't going to review the pants because this was the second time I made them.
      Thanks again.

      Delete
  8. You look beautiful in these! The shape of the top with the softness around the bust and the fitted high hip really suits you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All so lovely. You have such a great sense of what looks good on you. Those silk pants are killer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bunny. My pants are actually a cotton blend.

      Delete
  10. I can see why it's you TNT, it's a great look (or looks!). I don't have this pattern, but I do have a similar one that I love too! Love your print fabric and the blue is fabulous too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I get what you've created. They amazing and work so well.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin