Finally, I'm posting photos of me in my new pants made using McCall 7445. I posted way back in March (tee hee) on my fitting and sewing of these pants. Now, that I have tweaked the pattern I'm moving this gem to my TNT basket for easy hands on access.
I'm wearing my wearable muslin of Vogue 8747, View D. I love this blouse and will be making it again very soon. It's a winner. This pattern has been review over and over again on blogs as well as on Patternreview. One of best things about it is that there are separate pattern pieces for cups sizes A through D. This made the fit process easier.
My changes were minimal:
- I made a small adjustment in the bust area by increasing the length of the front band by 1/2".
- On the front I added about 1" or so in the gathered area.
- For the side front, I added about 1/2" width in the bust area.
- I made my usual sway back adjustment on the back and side back pieces.
- Lengthen the sleeve by 1".
- The neckline was slightly larger the than the length of the collar stand. So I ease in the difference.
- Also, I interfaced the upper and lower front band, collar, and collar stand.
The list seems long, but the changes were really minimal. Overall, the shirt is well drafted. The fit in the arm, chest, and neck areas is great. At least for me.
I used a polyester blend that I purchased years ago from a local store. I think Vogue, but I'm not sure.
I didn't tag it. :-( It was easy to work with sewing wise, but difficult to press. I'm pleased with how this shirt turned out. Now I'm ready to make more.
These striped pants are my kick off point for adding more stripe garment to my wardrobe. More to come on stripes and button down shirts.