Saturday, July 21, 2018

Simple Khaki Skirt - Olive Organic Cotton Twill and McCall 7392








I just wanted a simple Khaki skirt.  One I could wear with a light airy shirt (My shirt review is posted here.) on sunny days.  Mood has a huge inventory of organic twill, from hibiscus pink to sweet potato orange.  A wonderful selection to choose from.  I would like to buy them all.  But I picked this Olive Organic Cotton Twill for my khaki skirt.  The twill weave is tightly woven and sturdy.  I love the sheen and luster of the fabric.  The color is vibrant and the hand crisp.  Like other natural fiber, it presses well.





McCall 7392 was the perfect pattern for my project.  I made view C with the back pockets of view B.  I used size 14 with a few minor tweaks made during the sewing process.  The description is  semi-fitted skirt with front band and side-front and side back seams; top stitching, back pockets, and side front pockets; waistband, carriers, and stitched hem.  I used buttons instead of snaps.





I really like the style, length, and the pocket treatment.  I always enjoy sewing the top stitching of twill garments.  And the front band was a change from the normal back or side zipper.  For an added special touch, I Hong Kong finished the inside of the waistband.




The instruction easy; nothing confusing.  In fact, I only skimmed through them.


I really like this skirt.  I could see myself making the long version for fall.  I do recommend it.  The style line are good and give the sewist/designer more easy fit options.  It's great for a khaki skirt.

Parting Shot:  Pond at Verteran's Park.



Happy Sewing!
C






18 comments:

  1. Awesome classic! We all need these basics in the wardrobe and this one is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bunny. Yes, you are so right. I need a few more.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! You make sewing so tempting! Your skill is admirable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ypsiknitti, thanks so much. It's really fun.

      Delete
  3. Love. Love. Love. This is going to be in your wardrobe until you just get tired of looking at it. Such an amazing basic and so well sewn!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kesha, you are right. Everybody needs wardrobe separates to mix and match.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful skirt! I don't remember that pattern - I will check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very elegant, inside and out! I have this pattern with some rust corduroy waiting to be sewn for about a year now. You have inspired me!
    This is a classic outfit. One that you can wear just about everywhere and feel your best. Great job!Great style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Louise. It would be really cut in a corduroy too. ;-)

      Delete
  6. It's a perfect outfit with the shirt. I love a Hong Kong finish and while no one but you knows it's there, it's that make the inside as beautiful as the outside that my grandmother would point out to me on good clothing. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nancy K. I love the hong kong finish. It makes garments look so polished.

      Delete
  7. You are such a skilled seamstress. I just recently found your blog. Maybe one day I'll be able to see with such ease.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Med, thank you so much. Please continue to stop by. C

      Delete
  8. That's a fantastic skirt - it looks better in your version than it does in the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah. This is a super nice little skirt.

      Delete

  9. Your suit is basic, it is suitable for all occasions. I also like the style so simple.
    https://weekendsale.club/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very beautiful skirt. You'll definitely get a lot of wear out of this one. I love your version much better, too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin