Wednesday, October 28, 2020

More Bucket Hats with Vogue v8403


 



I've turned into a little "Mad Hatter". Lol  After making the first bucket hat,  a few people have asked for one.  So, I decided to go ahead a make a few more.  But, these are for me. Lol  Next round will be for gifts.


For I used Vogue V8403, view E.  Compared to Vogue V7784, the basic shape of the hat is the same.  But I like the narrower front brim of V8403.  The crown is only one piece. 

Like the other pattern, this one comes with a group of several hats plus cuffs for gloves.  Vogue describes the pattern as:  Hats and Glove Cuffs - Package includes patterns and instructions for five different hats and glove cuffs.  Each hat fits small 22", medium 23", and large 24" head sizes. 




I made size medium and still had plenty of room.  The crown is deep and may require a little adjustment if you don't have super big hair.

My hats look pretty much like the hat on the envelope.  It's pictured in a beautiful  blue velvet.  I used some remnants from the home dec department at Vogue Fabrics.  Both hats were made with less than 1/2 yard of fabric.  The ribbon and lining I already had at home.  More than likely these hats will be worn with some new coat or jacket I make. Tee Hee.  There are also be good for vacation, on the beach wear.  


The instructions for this design is not much different from the previous bucket hat made.  Both had typical instructions that were easy to follow.  These sewed up very quickly maybe taking an hour or so each to complete after cutting them out.

Great hats to protect my head and hair, rain or shine.  The timeless style is simple but fashionable.  I thought about adding some netting to them if I make a coordinating outfit to showcase in the Haute Couture Fashion Show.   We will see.


 

No alterations made on them and no design changes.  Straight from the envelope and sewn together.  Depending on a person height or style preference, a smaller back brim would be a little more comfortable.  The front  can be trimmed down as well.  It depends on preference like I said.

So, these are number two and three bucket hats inspired by the Dior inspiration hat.  I have at least two more to make and I will probably use this pattern instead of the other (V7784).

This is a nice little accessory project try.  And I recommend both patterns to sewists.  I enjoyed the process.  Now, I'm thinking about embellishment for a totally custom style.

Parting Shots:  The same day that I made these hats, I made my second Cashmerette Appleton Wrap Dress.





 






2 comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin