Sunday, October 14, 2007

Soul Food on a Chilly Fall Day

For the past week it's been chilly in Chi-town. Average temps in the 50's during the day and 40's at night. Definitely feels like fall in the air. The cooler weather got me to thinking and wanting some good ole comforting soul food. So I stopped by the grocery store on the way home to pick up some greens and a pot roast. Saturday night it was on! Thank you God for taste buds!

Mac & Cheese - Pot Roast & Potatoes smoothered in gravy

Turnip Greens & Smoked Turkey

Cornbread

Mercy! I almost hurt myself. Tee Hee!

4 comments:

  1. Girl I know you did! Looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you sure you're not from Georgia? This looks just like a meal I would cook, mmmmmm Good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you're hurting us. Oh, when are they going to invent IT (instant tasting)so I can reach my fork right into the monitor. LOL. I like your scarf too. Looking forward to seeing the hat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok now I want to go cook big pot of greens with some corn bread. Meal looks delicious

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin