Saturday, October 20, 2007

Fall 2007 Collection for Me

I completed four of the six muslins for the dresses in my collection. The seventh dress is a UFO that I started in February. It is so difficult for me to narrow down the number of garments in my collection. I've decided to have several sub-sets of my collection. First up is the dress set. I'm in need of new dresses. I have selected seven styles to start: two knit and five woven. So far, three out of the four muslins will be made into actual dresses. The photos of the muslins aren't good. DD and I will have to redo them. I'll post the muslin with each finished dress. The idea behind completing several muslins is a tip from "Think Like a Designer": create all muslins, then begin to construct the actual garments. Stay tuned.

5 comments:

  1. I cant wait to see your progress!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about not being able to scale down. I usually start off with a huge wish list, then I tackle items according to what I desparately need or what I really want to sew. This fall I have 52 items on my wish list. We'll see how much is done come March or April.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Eloise,

    I remember you from CEDA. I work in the accounting department. I read your story and you speak with such courage that you bring tears to my eyes. I am so happy for you that life turned out in your favor. I wish you many wonderful days and pray that you always do well.

    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, is Think Like a Designer a book or a website?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin