Friday, November 23, 2007

Taking Inventory

I am fortunate to have today as a paid holiday. Of course, my plan is to spend most of it doing something sewing related. For starter, went to the basement to get my oldest patterns, 70's and older. My ex often shopped at thrift/antique stores in search for whatever. On a few of those hunts, he snagged bundles of vintage patterns that he gave to me. I spent about an hour looking through them deciding which ones to keep.

Sew Sista' #1 recently had a pattern give away. I'm thinking about doing the same. Since joining PR and blogging I've discovered a huge community of sewists who love to sew vintage patterns. Like Sew Sista' #1 I would like to pass some of my pattern collection to anyone who is interested. Once a week I will post pictures of several to give away. If you are interested, leave me a comment to choose which patterns you want. Then fire an e-mail to me with your mailing information. I'll ship them to you in seven to ten days.

Last night I started working on the five knit tops of DD's Fall collection. I stayed the shoulders, sewed them and the side seams. Before continuing, DD needs to try them on to check the fit.

Next, I decided to fish through my UFO's in hopes of including a UFO dress in my collection. I found one: B4849. This was cut last winter. So I overlocked the edges. I think I can finish the tops and the dress before Monday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin