Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Festive Haute Couture Fashion Show Weekend

For the past two years, Patti Ferguson has been a gracious host to some of my favorite sewing, designing Divas. Their visit is one of the highlights of the Haute Couture Fashion show weekend.

On Friday, Ann surprise us with a wonderful reception. She looked fabulous in McCall 6556. I'm getting that pattern at the next sale. Saturday was whatever floats your boat kind of day. Some shopped at Fabric stores, while others shopped on the magnificent mile (downtown Michigan Avenue).

 After lunch Carolyn, Patti, and I drove up to the Vogue in Evanston. I promised myself not to purchase one yard of fabric. But you can guess what happened. When Ms. Carolyn started to shop and comment about the feel and texture of certain fabrics, I couldn't resist. So I walked away with five pieces of fabric. Wink, wink. Patti was good. She walked to a nearby bead shop, returning just as we were having our fabric cut.



Carolyn recognized Pearl from the Worcester Expo, where she works the Vogue Fabric booth. So they formally meet at the flagship store.


It was great talking about fabric and sewing with her. Carolyn showed Pearl some of her beautiful garments (iPad, Flickr). After we made the purchases, we headed back to the Orrington Hilton, where I dropped off Carolyn and Patti. They continued the weekend festivities with dinner and a show. Meanwhile, I headed home to press and pack for the show.

The skinny on the Fashion show; it was great. There was a lot of energy and joyful movement from the crowd and from the fashion show models. The phenomenal Rhonda Buss was an outstanding Fashion Show Chair. I learned a lot from her. It was fun and our guests were pleased with the event. Of course, I don't have any pictures to show right now. That's another post. Most of my garments were previously reviewed.

Happy Sewing!
C

10 comments:

  1. Can I just say that you were AMAZING in the fashion show! And I had a great time with you Saturday afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful weekend! It was so great to see everyone, and the fashions were phenomenal!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great time! Can't wait to see more pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmm. Didn't you make that same promise (not to buy any fabric) when we were at Vogue during PR Weekend? ;) I admire your resolve, even if it didn't stick! If I had a store like Vogue in Philadelphia, I would never make a promise like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had a terrific time! I know you learned a lot from Rhonda, Cennetta--and it will serve you (and the club) well as you take over as Fashion Show Chair for 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And a great time was had by all!
    Wish I could have been there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, it sounds like a lot of fun was had by all! I always miss all the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, I'm getting such a vicarious thrill from everyone's posts and pics. Something special happens when sewing girlfriends get together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I find it hard not to buy fabric. I'm really pleased you had a great time shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Weekend and looking forward to the Fashion Show post.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin