|Holding it close as the wind was very high.|
It's a great day to be on this side of God's creation. I'm happy to be alive with a reasonable portion of my health and strength. I hope everyone is well. I'd like to also thank those who continue to stop by my blog and leave a comment. These days, I'm not the blog stalker I used to be because of time limitations. I hope to get better soon.
My review today is on a very easy McCall vest/coat. I bought the pattern in the fall to make for winter, and I'm just now getting around to making a coat. My original plan was to make something close to view B; but after shopping my stash and the new fabric that I purchased in New York, I decided on a coat similar to view C.
This was a very easy sewing project. I cut it out several weeks ago along with several other projects. On Friday evening, instead of watching TV or the TV watching me, I went to "my sewing studio" and made my coat.
It's described as: Misses' vest and coats - loose fitting, unlined wrap vest and coats have length variations. A: Raw edges. B: Welt pockets. C: Contrast facing and sleeves. The available sizes are: XS to XXL. I used a large, but I could have gotten away with a Medium as it is very loose fitting. Anyway, I will certainly be able to wear chunky sweaters underneath on colder days.
The drawings and the photos are spot on with how it suppose to look. No belt for me today, it's was about 50 degrees, windy with some rain mist and overcast.
I used a heavy wool ponte knit that was gifted to me last year and a double clothe from Mood Fabrics. I wish Mood had the double clothe in more colors. It's really nice. I picked it up when I was in New York in January. At first, I was concerned that the marrying of the two fabrics wouldn't be a good one. But as it turned out, they do complement each other fairly well. The entire front of the coat and the collar is double the fabric, which creates a heaviness in the front of the coat. So I decided to add some thickness to the back and sleeves to balance it out a bit. For the lining I used some left over crepe back satin. The back and sleeve linings were cut using those pattern pieces respectively. Outside of that I really didn't make any alterations.
This is a nice basic, easy coat pattern. The pieces were sewn with no problems. There are no real fit issues for me. It's very over-sized. I think I will sew it at least one more time for myself. I want View D in a beige tone with a round collar.
I recommend this pattern to all level sewists. It's stylish, easy to sew, and no serious fit issues.
Crocheted Hat, Scarf and Fingerless Gloves -
I crocheted my matching accessories. This was the first time I made fingerless gloves. I really like them. The band has a ribbed affect created using a double crochet and back post stitch. The entire project was easy. Most of it was done while showing my favorite TV shows.
That's all for now. More to come. Stay tuned.