Thursday, May 29, 2008

New Look 6561E




Pattern Description: Pullover tops with sleeve variations.

Pattern Sizing: 10 -22. I used size 14; View E

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Sort of. View E looks longer and fuller on the model.

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?I like the sleeves and the neckline.

Fabric Used: polyester georgette.

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made: I didn't change or alter any thing. From the photo the top appeared to have a lot of ease. After completing the top, that was not the case. My version is wearable, but I should have added length and width. The neckline is very low in the back, which is something I'm not used to. When I tried it on, I thought about gifting it to my sister. But my mom thought it looked fine. I still may pass it to her; it fits a little closer to the body than I expected.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Yes. I plan to, but with the changes mentioned above. And yes I would recommend it.

Conclusion: Fun top that isn't difficult to make. Don't be deceived by the photo. This top doesn't have as much style and wearing ease as illustrated.

15 comments:

  1. Cennetta, you have been VERY busy lately. It all looks great - love the dress and the little jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy! Everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your stuff looks so professional, everything looks rtw.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that top! In fact I love your whole mini wardrobe. I think your top should be on the pattern envelope, because I passed on this pattern. But now that I see yours, I am going to take a fresh look at that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this top on you. You look ready to go on a fabulous, all expenses paid cruise somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always, beautiful garments. :):):):) That's a perfect spring outfit.

    Hugs,
    Lory

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the fabric and the top looks good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cennetta .- he revised his last post. I can tell, everything is wonderful. I adore especially pants, you are the best seamstress of pants ... no doubt. They are all incredible and look very well. A special appreciation for the yellow and white dress (I love the white lining) and the accompaniment of white linen bolero, is simply perfect. Congratulations on the scale of the skirt of denim fabric, a good job. you enjoy their new clothes. best wishes. Paco

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girl you have been very busy!!! I love that top with the white slacks! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Catching up on my blog reading. You have been real busy. I really like this top and all the other items you have posted about below this posting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a lovely!!That color looks good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've been really busy. Everything looks fabulous

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin