Thursday, May 29, 2008

Travel Mini Wardrobe

Finally..., I'm able to post some of the sewing projects that I have completed over the past month and half. The pictures still aren't that great but good enough to get an idea of how well the projects turn out.

As mentioned earlier, me and two colleagues will be travel to Naples, Florida, for a conference soon. I wanted to have a few pieces to complement some outfits that I ready have. I used M5597 to make the pants. Then I picked several top patterns to make the five tops shown. I probably won't take everything, but wanted enough to pick and choose from. I didn't create this mini wardrobe to compete in a wardrobe contest. My only goal was to create some comfortable piece to take on this trip as I will spend a lot of time sitting, learning, and talking about our vendor's product.



Tan and white top is made from Simplicity 4076. This pattern has been reviewed on PR many times and is one of my favorites. I've made view D and view A several times with only slight modifications.



I used Kwik Sew 3378 for the white and blue tops. Another one of my favorites. This makes the four and fifth version of this fav.








Simplicity 5875, view F with sleeve from view D. I didn't do my usual FBA on any of the tops. Most of the knit used had at least 30 percent stretch in them so I thought I could for-go the FBA. This turned out fine for the most part, except for the yellow matte jersey top. I noticed a few drag lines from the bust to the lower trunk area.



This woven top is made from New Look 6561. This is a wearable muslin. I expected more ease (style and wear). I'll try this one again.

I hope to make one jacket from either of these patterns this weekend.






My full review on Patternreview.comm.

7 comments:

  1. You'll be the best dressed woman at the conference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ilove all the outfits, especially the outfits, especially the wearable muslin. Niceeeeee

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great conference wardrobe! I go to several conferences a year and it's always difficult to find the right clothes when they suggest business casual. Your wardrobe style would be perfect.

    And girlfriend, is there ANY color that doesn't look fabulous on you?!!! LOL You look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME!!!! May I come raid your closet???!!! All the items are professional and look fantastic on you. I'd say you were the best dressed lady at the conference.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME!!!! May I come raid your closet???!!! All the items are professional and look fantastic on you. I'd say you were the best dressed lady at the conference.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bravo Cennetta!! You've made a gorgeous and stylish wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you've been going to town! All of your outfits look great!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin