Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Jackets Simplicity 2977 and 2938

Friday evening, before going to the movie (The Forbidden Kingdom), I pattern fitted and altered the jackets for S2977 and S2938. I found my fabric at Vogue Fabrics in the Remnants Room (100% wool (med weight) at 50% off and mystery fabric also 50% off). I love shopping the Remnants Room. You can always find some nice pieces of fabric for half the price.

Simplicity 2938

FBA Needed

Pattern Fitting - Adjustment for broad shoulders Also needed slight increase in hip area.

FBA on Pattern

Broad Shoulder Adjustment on Back Sleeve Pattern --Slight adjustment on Back as well (not shown).

Simplicity 2977


FBA Needed -- Will also add 1/2" to Center Front

Side View Pattern Fitting

May Need Sway Back -- Still Debatable based on shape of the jacket.

Back Yoke w/Adjustment

Front w/ FBA



Back w/Broad Shoulder Adjustment

Neither Jacket requires lining. Maybe, just maybe, I'll get one finished before leaving town.

Happy Sewing!
C

12 comments:

  1. Thank you for showing these things on actual pattern pieces. It helps so much to have a visual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get better about tissue fitting and making muslins. Sometimes I still sew like I did when I was 16—fast and furious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad u showed pattern fitting. I tried doing that but for some reason my garments come out way to big still. I can't wait to see the final products

    ReplyDelete
  4. How on GGE do you do that without making a mess of your pattern tissue?
    Kudos to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cennetta .- Me too I love to buy at the remains of rooms ..... uff. I become crazy .... Yesterday I went to a store where everything settled and bought some beautiful silks, can not resist, is like a drug. It's my house full of fabrics. I love his new project, the jacket is very simple but elegant. Best wishes, Paco

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lindsay - I wish I could be fast and furious, but my body won't let me. lol I have to almost always pattern fit or make a muslin for upper body garments.

    Marji - I'm very, very careful with pin and pattern. I patiently sit at the table to make the changes. The pictures are so helpful too.

    Paco - I don't know what I would do if Vogue didn't have a remnant room. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like seeing the visual also. When you fit the back on yourself do you always have someone take a picture and then evaluate? I can't imagine any other way, but I know some people are good with 2 mirrors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cennetta! I love checking out your pattern alterations because they are so similar to what I do. Just one question here. The alteration on the back yoke was for--broad back?

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Claire -Recently, I've been taking photos. It's so helpful. Before that, it was trail and error.

    Kat - Yes, the alteration of the yoke is to accommodate broad shoulders. I also have prominent shoulder blades. So this alteration will give me a little more room. I've noticed with yoke backs its a little snug across my shoulder blades without any alteration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you,Cennetta.This is just what I need.I'm embarking on the fitting journey and you are a huge motivating force.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have never tissue fitted, I always construct muslins. It's nice to see how it'a actually done! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin