Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Vintage Clothing and the Movie: Australia


Ms. Nicole Kidman graces the cover of Vogue magazine (July 2008). Kidman is starring with the eye-catching Hugh Jackman (X-Men’s wolverine) in Australia due in the theaters November 2008. This is a period movie (WWII era). Kidman’s character inherits a ranch and Jackman is the hired hand that helps her hold it all together. War breaks out, the two become romantically involved…, the rest…, is in the movie. Lol


The Vogue spread includes an interview with the twosome; and oh choice, it includes a few photos of Kidman in beautifully sculptured garments.

Lately I have been drawn to vintage clothing. Part of the attraction has been simulated by my fellow blogging friends and new re-releases of vintage patterns by various pattern companies. I have picked up a few from JoAnn’s and Hancock’s. Plus I have one banker box devoted to patterns published in the early part of the century. As if I don’t have enough on my plate already.







I don’t know when, but if the Lord’s willing and the creek don’t rise, I will definitely make up some of these vintage outfits.



Tip of the Day – Lose 10 pounds instantly…,

Sit up straight – back erect
Stand Tall – shoulders square

Now work that cute quotient!

Happy Sewing!
C

11 comments:

  1. OMG, my coworkers and I was looking at my vogue today at lunch, drooling over her safari rendition, and that navy and ivory suit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and if you didn't see the golden compass, she had on some stunning pieces in that movie also

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The creek don't rise" LOL!! I love those looks. Can't wait to see what you create and work for yourself. I know it will be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cennetta .- beautiful news. these are wonderful clothes "vintage". I adore the clothes of the fifties. If you are right, then the ladies looked around waists of "wasp ".... ufff. a big hug and happy sewing ..... of course. Paco

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Beautiful pics and beautiful patterns. Love 'em and thanks for sharing :) .

    ReplyDelete
  6. C, just got my Vogue yesterday and that suit in ivory and navy was TDF, plain gorgeous!!!!!! Hope you get to make some vintage, it's too good to pass. Have you finished that awsome evening gown?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the vintage style patterns.I can't wait to see what you bring to it.I know it will be good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm falling in love with vintage! That navy jacket with the tan skirt.......wow! My love affair right now is with the full skirt of the 50's, so pretty. :)

    Hugs,
    Lory

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love vintage clothes, and I'm going to have to see this movie for the clothes, if nothing else. It's going to be as inspirational as Sex and the City, just in a different era. Love those vintage patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never made any vintage patterns.I am going to have try making one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks for the corresponding vogue pieces. they really do match well.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin