Sunday, June 8, 2008

Naples, Florida is Beautiful

Yesterday the Chicagoland area was hit with a severe thunder storm/tornado watch. Parts of I57 were closed. Several trucks were over turned. This morning as I travelled to O'Hare Airport, there were large tree branches scattered across lawns and in the roadways. Parts of I90 West were closed off. Crews were out re-opening those lanes at 5:45am. There was a van on fire about 3 miles from the airport. Big traffic delays. I missed my 7:00a flight by 5 minutes. The next one was at 7:15am connecting in St. Louis; then on to Ft. Meyers, FL.

I made it out of Chicago without major problems. Other clients (InfoEd customers) from Northwestern University are still delayed at O'Hare.

Back to the title of this post. Naples, Florida is beautiful. It's so lush and green. The air smells sweet. I love the diverse landscape of the US and feel blessed to live in America. Our vendor is hosting the annual conference at the Ritz Carlton Resorts of Naples. This hotel is the "reme de la creme". It is beautifully decorated and has the finest of amedities. The golf course is inviting; it's makes me want to learn to play golf.

Photos later...,

4 comments:

  1. I think my uncle lives in Naples and my parents love it where he lives. And wouldn't you know, I'd much prefer to be in Naples today. I just checked their high temp for today and it's 87 degrees. Compared to the Pocono Mountain high of 98 degrees. There's something wrong with the weather when it's over 10 degrees hotter where I live than in Florida ;). I just left a comment on Karen's blog commenting it will probably be 100 degrees in Philly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I will be staying in Naples in July on an combined business/pleasure trip with my husband.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohh. Cennetta .- that luck that you are "healthy and safe" ... a hug, Paco

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin