Friday, December 26, 2008

Butterick - Fast, Easy and "Stylish" 5247



This pattern comes highly recommended by several fellow bloggers. I thought I would gave it a try for something fast, easy, and stylish.


Pattern Description: MISSES’ TUNIC, DRESS AND BELT: Semi-fitted, pullover tunics A, C or above mid-knee dresses B, D have cowl-like collar, short or long dolman sleeves and belt. Purchased top, pants and belt.

Pattern Sizing: Sizes 8 to 24. I used 14.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes, it did.

Were the instructions easy to follow? I didn't read them. This was a super easy, super fast pattern to sew. I took me about 1 1/2 hours to cut out and sew on Christmas morning.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I like that is was fast and easy. I wanted to make something that didn't take a lot of time.

Fabric Used: Matte Jersey from Vogue Fabric.

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made: I only make a few minor adjustments. I wasn't to worry about the FBA because of the roominess across the chest. So I just added about a half inch to the side seam from the curve of the underarm to the length of the dress. I also added about three inches to the length. And finally, I made a broad shoulder adjustment.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Yes, I plan to make the tunic.

Conclusion: This is a fast, easy and stylish pattern that you can make under two hours. Try it! ;-)

17 comments:

  1. fabulous dress and very interesting setting for the kimono sleeves. thanks. Paco

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just GORGEOUS!! I love it, and the color is great too! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that is a fabulous dress and the color is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute and looks great on you. Really nice color too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful! I love this on you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty. :):):) You look great in it. I'm going to have to give it a go in '09.

    Have a great weekend.

    Hugs,
    Lory

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Its on the 'to buy list'

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen a few versions of this dress and I love it. I think I'll make it for myself for next winter. I really like the colour, it looks fantastic on you. Very flattering and stylish, but easy wearing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice - it is interesting to see the different versions of this pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great dress! I haven't even worn mine yet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks amazing on you. I think I have that pattern. I'll have to push it up on the list of projects to work on. The color is perfect on you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, yours turned out so stylish! I've been procrastinating on this one because I think I'll need full-body spanx before I wear it! :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another gorgeous dress! You'll be "Wowing" everyone wherever you go!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just beautiful! Love the color on you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OK, I know this is an old post but I just clicked on the picture under the "You might also like" heading. I love your dress! You look totally fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin