Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Bold Necklace - Fashion Trend 2008


My best Christmas gift was crafted my DD. In August I posted five must haves and planned to at least make the dress and blouse. Needless to say, neither was made (yet).

The inspiration necklace was priced at about $2 grand. I expressed the desire for the bold gold necklace to my DD (jewelry crafter). She and I went to a new bead store across the street from Vogue Fabrics on Roosevelt to see what they had to offer. We picked up several types of beads, but didn't find any that resembled the bold gold necklace that I wanted.



DD made my first bold necklace from some black marbled stone. It's nice, but didn't quite satisfy the desire. Unbeknownst to me, DD went on a hunt and found an online supplier of gold and silver materials for jewelry crafters. This was her "Big" gift to me for Christmas, and she made a pair of earrings too!

18 comments:

  1. What wonderful gifts! It's great to have a custom jeweler in the family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, both of them. Your daughter is very talented with a great eye for design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I'm so impressed with your DD! I think the crafting gene skips generations in my family: Grandmother was crafty, Mom was not, I am, Daughter is not...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a terrific gift! I really like them both. She's very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty! You and your daughter make the ultimate craft duo, you sew, and she makes jewelry. :):):) She's very gifted, the pieces are beautiful.

    Hugs,
    Lory

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great gift! Your daughter did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, what an awesome DD! Both necklaces are gorgeous and I know you'll wear them proudly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wao, those are gorgeous necklaces and priceless gifts. You must be proud. Wish you a prosperous new year.
    www.sewfit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marvelous gifts. How nice to have a daughter that has such a talent. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year!

    Your daughter did a beautiful job on the jewelry... Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful gifts!

    Happy new year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice gift. It's always a little more special when it comes from someone's heart and hands.

    ReplyDelete
  13. They look wonderful! Your DD is very gifted!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks everyone! Wishing you and happy and prosperous New Year!
    C

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your daughter did a wonderful job. Both sets are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, beautiful jewlery! Your daughter did a great job and there may be a future career in jewlery design.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The necklace is certainly eye-catching. I also like to wear bold necklaces but I had difficulty finding ones that are not too over-the-top. A close friend told me to check out Hang Tag Design. The designs at the site were what I wanted with just the right amount of boldness, so that there is no danger of appearing to be a fashion victim. Simply awesome! I now am a regular buyer of their fashion jewelry.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin