Wednesday, August 11, 2010

M6069 - The Easy Knit Dress


This is the easiest knit dress of the summer. I really like how this sylish dress came together. After picking up the correct size elastic yesterday, I finished my first border trim dress.

M6069

Pattern Description: MISSES' DRESSES AND SASH: Pullover, above mid-knee, semi-fitted straight dresses A, B, C have elastic waist casing, stitched hem and bodice variations; dress A is sleeveless; dress B has three-quarter sleeves; dress C is sleeveless with self sash; dresses A, B, C have optional back strap; optional purchased belt.







Pattern Sizing: 6- 20. I used size 14.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes it did.

Were the instructions easy to follow? I only read the instructions for attaching the strap and joining the front and back bodice. Those instructions were easy to follow. So I'm guessing the rest are too. Or at least, pretty standard.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? It's stylish and easy to make. No dislikes.

Fabric Used: Border Print Knit from Vogue Fabrics.




Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
-Because of the style ease, I didn't have to do FBA.
-I eliminated the pockets.
-Added three inches to the length of the skirt.
-Cut dress crosswise.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I don't think I'll sew it again for myself, but yes for one of my sisters. And yes I recommend it to others. It's cute and easy to make.

Conclusion: This is a great knit dress to make for all sewing levels. It only took me about two and half hours to make. It's easy to make and very stylish.

28 comments:

  1. Love the print and the style of the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty dress! Great combination of fabric and pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I just bought this pattern! I'm glad you liked it, and I love the border print.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the print. This is on my list of things to make.
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty dress! I love the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dress is indeed lovely. Of course I have that pattern and should have made it up by now. I am so slow sometimes. I know you will enjoy wearing it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great dress! The print and style go together so well! And it's a border print! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a sucker for cowl back dresses. I think they're really sexy. Plus, I have a black and white border print knit that I didn't know what to do with! Perfect match. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty and the fabric is great. 2-1/2 hours. Sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the print on that fabric and the drape looks just right for this style!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty. Such a dress could be made over and over and always be in style.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is next on my sewing list--out of a border print! Great minds think alike. Love your version!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for visiting my blog and for the nice comment you left regarding my photo shoot with the skirt I made.

    http://sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com/2010/08/photo-shoot-of-retro-skirt.html

    PS Love your dress. It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great dress! I love your version! It is definitely an easy pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've seen quite a few of these recently and they're all fantastic. Quick and easy doesn't hurt, either!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Simple and stylish are not mutually exclusive. This dress is high on my summer sewing list.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This has been such a winner for everyone that has tried it. I love your choice of print - very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I made this one and it is a real winner.

    Your fabric choice is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your dress! You did a wonderful job with the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow, that looks great! i absolutely love the pattern :)
    very nice blog you have here, i will be visiting frequently!

    be sure to check out my blog too

    www.THATGOODGOODBLOG.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Its a beautiful dress! How are you able to get such neat hems with knits, hemming knits are my Nemisis.

    Ola

    ReplyDelete
  22. The dress looks beautiful! How did you like the fit? I have the same pattern, but I'm always a bit uncomfortable with elastic waists. By the way, I have many of the patterns of the dresses you're showcasing lately. I'm loving the pre-fashion show! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. The elastic waist is fine. There is another sewist that omitted the elastic and made the front and back dress one piece. She showcased it on your blog belted and unbelted. It looked great. So that's another option for you.

    Thanks,
    Cennetta

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin