Wednesday, January 2, 2008

The Great Debaters - Denzel Washington

This was an excellent film. I love movies that shed a positive light on African-Americans. Denzel Washington and the cast of this movie brought this story to life. To see the Melvin B. Tolson story of his phonomenonal debate team was beautiful in itself. In my opinion, this movie was well scripted and acted. The cast of young people was outstanding. Their passionate performance catapulted you back in time, making the viewer (me) experience the 1930's. The viewer feels the struggle, the fear, the determination, the triumph of victory. My hat's off to Mr. Forest Whitaker for bringing this story to the big screen. This is a must see movie, not for the "beautiful looking people", but for the beauty of love, talent, and victory.

3 comments:

  1. I loved the Great Debaters and I always love Denzel. The movie reminded me HBCU's used to be very important. It's sad that they are no longer as prominent at they used to be. We really need to support our HBCUs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to have see this movie.I going to take my boys with me to see this movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely loved this movie! The story, the direction, the photography, the clothes and of course the acting! I wish I could pay everyone's way in to see it...they would be pleasantly surprised!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin