Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Jacket M5530

<
I made this jacket help spruce up the dress made from M4930.
After I completed it, I didn't like the jacket with the dress. My sister came over yesterday; saw the jacket; and decided that I should make one for her. She is not a fan of animal print a solid purple, red, or black fabric will do. While she had it on, I took pictures. As far as fit, it's a little big for her; but this jacket is more suited for her body shape than mine. Here is my review:






Pattern Description: MISSES’ LINED JACKETS: Jackets A, B have princess seams, collar and sleeve length variations, topstitching and button closure; jacket A has collar ends slipped through loop and three-quarter length sleeves; jacket B has stand-up collar and long sleeves; jacket C is lined to edge with front princess seams, front and back elastic, gathered collar and button closure. I made view C.

Pattern Sizing: 4 - 18. I made a 14 with alterations.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes.

Were the instructions easy to follow? The instruction were easy to follow. The pattern pieces went together with no problems. I omitted the top stitching at the neckline. I didn't want to risk ruining the finished neckline with uneven top stitching.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I like the style of this jacket. The combination of the fabric (faux far) and the collar is what I like the most. My dislike is that it doesn't quite suit my body shape. I'm a little top heavy and short waisted. It makes me look bulky on top. Other than that nothing to dislike.

Fabric Used: I purchased the faux fur from Jo Ann's last year February/March. The lining is polyester lining purchased at the Textile Discount Warehouse.

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made: I did a FBA and length the jacket by one inch.



Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Yes, I plan to make view C for my sister and try some variation of view A for myself.

Here are a few pictures of me wearing my jacket with M4930:




Conclusion This is a stylish jacket that can be made up in a variety of fabrics. I would recommend it to beginners.

8 comments:

  1. I'm not a big fan of animal prints either, but I have to say this one looks great on your sister. Too bad she doesn't like it, because she really works it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely jacket - it does fit you better than your sister. And the Palmer/Pletsch dress is gorgeous! Looks beautiful on you

    ReplyDelete
  3. The jacket is very nice, and it looks good on both you and your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a fan HANDS DOWN!!! Great job -- DIVA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I just love that! I think you both look great in it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The jacket is sassyyyy beautiful. It looks beautiful with the dress and it looks great on your sister. mmmm.. I am going to try sewing one for myself

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see pretty runs in the family!!! Jacket is a win for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Animal Print is in style! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin