Sunday, July 27, 2008

New Look 6429 - Great Pattern



This pattern has been reviewed multiple times on PR. There is no doubt that it is a favorite of many. This is the second time around from me. My first dress was in a yellow matte jersey.

Pattern Description: Mock wrap dress with sleeve , collar, and self belt variations. Somewhat A-line and mid-knee length. At small of the back the bodice is finished at a point.

Pattern Sizing: The sizes are from 8 to 18. I made a size 14.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes. I did make a few changes.

Were the instructions easy to follow?Yes. There was nothing difficult about the construction of this dress. I would recommend it to beginners.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I like everything about this pattern. The dress is stylish and very comfortable. Not to mention I am fan of wrap dresses. It gives the illusion of a wrap dress without added effort. It's versatile; you can add the tie and/or the collar with three sleeve variations. Nothing to dislike.

Fabric Used: Last winter I purchased the fabric from Ann's Gorgeous Fabrics. It a jersey (Turquoises/Blues/Black). Can't remember the fiber content. It has more stretch than your typical matte jersey. It has a soft hand and wears with the greatest of ease.

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made: I made only a few minor alterations.
- Added four inches to the length.
- Lengthen the shoulder seams by 1/2 inch to the front and back pieces and added about 1/2 to the side bodice front seam in the bust area.
- Added the self tie to view C.
- Hemmed 1 inch instead of 1/4 inch.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
For sure. This is a very nice dress and a great pattern to add to any wardrobe and/or collection. I strongly recommend it.

Conclusion: This is a great addition to any wardrobe. It easy to wear and stylish. It can be dressed up or down. I would recommend it to beginners.

8 comments:

  1. Love all of them, especially the denim one and the wrap dress. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful color and print...love the dress on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had quite a chuckle when I read your post! Your dress is fab!!! But that fabric--looks familiar ;) . I was going to use mine for a wrap dress but realized I didn't purchase enough during PR Weekend. So it turned into a top I just made two weeks ago. That fabric though is terrific--soft and nice stretch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. another elegant clothing. you know well choose models and this is also part of the "good seam." Congratulations, Paco

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exquisite! That'a a great pattern and your fabric choice was superb!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin