Thursday, July 31, 2008

Simplicity - 2977 - The Jacket


Initially I made this jacket with wear with S2938-Dress. But after completing it I realized this jacket can carry me through the fall as well. (I carry a jacket always; the air conditioning makes my bones hurt.)

Pattern Description: Misses' skirt, pants, jacket and knit dress or top.

Pattern Sizing: Sizing 8 to 26. I made size 14.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Pretty much. The neckline is a little wider than illustrated of the pattern envelope.

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes. The pieces went together with no problems.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I actually purchased this pattern for the top. I love the wrap style tops and dresses.

Fabric Used: This is a mystery fabric from Vogue Fabrics. I often shop the remnants room. I pick this piece up for unless than $6.00. It feels and looks like it might be a wool blend. I underlined it with glossy polyester fabric from my stash.

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made:I made a few changes for a better fit. I also underlined it.


I really like to support and body that underlining and lining provides. Here's a view of the underlined sleeve.



Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I probably won't sew the jacket again, but I do plan to sew the top and maybe the dress. Yes, I would recommend it to others.

Conclusion: This is a good wardrobe builder. A beginner can sew this up with no problems.

3 comments:

  1. I made the same jacket and mine doesn't look nearly as good as yours does. I love it on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely jacket! You did a wonderful job, both with the fit and the construction process!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin