Sunday, April 5, 2009

Wild Flower Large Floral Print - B5314 Part II




Pattern Description: MISSES' DRESS AND BELT: Lined dresses A, B, C have front and back darts, back zipper, skirt with front and back darts, back slit. A: gathered collar with self loop. B: slight draped collar. A, B: self-fabric belt with purchased buckle. C: neckline slit, squared armholes and purchased belt. All dress lengths are 2" above mid-knee.

Pattern Sizing: 6-22. I made 14 with a few adjustments.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? For the most part. The collar on the photo appears to lay closer to the body the mine. This is probably due to the weight and fiber content of my fabric selection. I excluded the belt and the back slit in the skirt.

Were the instructions easy to follow? Very, I had no problems following them. Pretty standard. It would have been great if the instructions including some a tip on placement of large floral print. Since the pattern showcased the it. Just a thought.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? Everything. When I first laid eyes on this pattern I knew I would buy and make it this season. Nothing to dislike.

Fabric Used: Stretch cotton woven from Hancock. I bought the fabric from Hancock's late February. I thought it would be perfect for this dress. This fabric speaks to two fashion trends: Floral prints and the color fuchsia. And I'm a fan of both. The polyester lining also purchased from Hancock's

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made: I only made a few.
FBA and experimenting with the placement of floral pattern.
No slit in the back
Didn't make a belt
Understitched the neckline and armholes - my preference.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
That's the plan. Next dress will be in a solid color. And yes I highly recommend this pattern to others. It is like the pattern says: "Fast and Easy".



Caution; the layers at the CB neckline may be a little thick depending on the weight of the fabric you use. Take your time with it.

Conclusion: I like this pattern and plan to make it again. When: Don't know. But it's a winner. Great spring/summer dress that easy to sew and very comfortable to wear. Try it!

16 comments:

  1. SO PRETTY!!! I am making this for summer as well so am glad to see yours made up. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You look fabulous in that print - what a great dress for you! The color and print are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this dress. There is nothing to dislike. And the flower on the back...wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This dress is so pretty. I am making a BWOF dress with a similar neckline at the moment. The fabric is just stunning. I'd be making more, too, it's such a versatile style.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the fabric you used for this dress and how you made the print work for you! Can I ask a question? How do you like the neckline? I picked this pattern up after the snoop shopping but I'm still not really sure it's for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That BEAUTY! I love fucsia and the flowers too! Fully.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yowza!!! You look bloomin' beautiful in this dress! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love this, brilliant pattern to work with that print.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very springy! I just love florals. Beautiful dress!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, everyone. Carolyn - I like the neckline. But when I make it again I will lower the front a little bit and take off about a 1/4 inch at the shoulder seam.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely!! Thanks for tips about the collar.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous!!! I love how you matched the flower on the back!

    I love this pattern; it's simple, body hugging and has a fabulous collar!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! This turned out great! Love that dress style!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that creamcolored shift made from the brocade, it's gorgeous and your legs look a mile long..... and yes! you can really carry that big flower print, WOW, WOW, WOW!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Late in commenting, but you made two fabulous dresses. You look gorgeous in them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You looks great with floral print dresses! I too got a similar one from Christopher & Banks.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin