Last weekend I was able to fit my niece's second choice prom dress. Sometimes I hate doing muslins, but they are so necessary when I'm sewing for others. Butterick 5182, view A is a go. There are several changes that need to be made. And most are in the bodice area.
I started with cutting the pattern based on her measurements. In these photos, every part of the bodice needs some type of adjustment. I probably could go down a size to eliminate some of the excess room at the neckline and at the side. There are several photos below to help me with transferring the changing to the paper pattern. And of course, I welcome any suggestions from you.
First photo: You can see, I have pinned out the gapping neckline and bust area. There is an under bodice (didn't want to share that photo, too revealing.) It's too long; that's a minor adjustment.
Full back photo: Where the bodice joins at the waist, there is some excess fabric that I sort of pinned out. She has a slight sway back.
Here is a better photo of the back bodice. I think the side also come to close under the arm area.
Bodice side: I pinned out the excess at the sides.
Front bodice: Here you can see the gapping area of the bust line. Also the bodice is a little to long for her torso.
Neckline: The center back appears to stand away from her body.
Parting Shot: This was actually the first picture taken. My niece was clowning around. I thought it would be a funny parting shot. Prom preparation can be tense. So we tried to have some silly moments throughout the process.