Monday, April 13, 2009

Flower Power - Crochet Bouquet



I hope everyone had a fine resurrection Sunday. My family usually goes to church, even those that do not make the commitment to attend a place of worship every Sunday. After morning service, we all made the trek over to my mother’s house for dinner. I love it when we are all together, talking and laughing, enjoying one another.

The day was beautiful and I was happy for three reasons: resurrection, family and spring like weather. The sun was shining; the earth is starting to show greater signs of green trees and floral blossoms. I’m glad spring has finally arrived in Chicago. I’m ready for it.



This morning as I was dressing for work, I thought about my spring and summer sewing projects (for me). It occurred to me I have three more dresses ready to sew that are cut from a floral print fabric. (Hmmm.., I need some solid color garments, for sure.) Over the weekend I made a trip to JoAnn’s Fabric just because. I find my way to the book section. All of their stitching books were 40 percent off. I found three that I really liked. But I put two back in the rack. I have several books. Most only have one or two projects that I really like. To exercise some self control, I picked the book that could give me the most “bang” for my buck. The winner is Suzann Thompson’s “Crochet Bouquet”. It teaches easy designs for crocheted flowers.




I think it’s a great book and the flowers can be a great way to adorn garments and accessories. It is beautifully illustrated and the gives clear step by step instructions on how to make them. I’ll probably get a lot of use out of it. We will see.

5 comments:

  1. I don't live close to any of my family and getting together for a meal is what I miss most,sounds like you had a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that crochet book. I wonder if they are still on sale. However, I just got a flier. Coupon. I love the red handbag with the flowers. The new Threads has directions for flowers just like those.
    Glad you had a wonderful Easter. It was wonderful for us to be with our son and dil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love books like that! Thanks for the heads-up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving the florals. I'm a tomboy at heart but I love dresses and I'm really feeling trying to pull off a floral dress with a black belt and black heels. We'll see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will add that book to my wish list!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin