Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Peter Sow Dress - Part II

Yesterday, I made a trip to JoAnn's Fabric to meet two clients (Prom dress and graduation dress). We are at the initial stage of trying to find patterns and fabric. One purchased everything needed while the other client looked at patterns and fabric still trying to decide on style and color.

Of course, I took advantage of the pattern sale (Simplicity 99 cents). I found a better pattern for the Peter Sow dress. (Linda I bet this is the same one your were regarding to in your comment. Thanks!)



I'm trying to shop my fabric stash as much as possible. So I search through the silk cuts and found this as a option for copying the inspiration dress. It's not the same color, but follows the theme of audacious print. This is not the final selection, but an option. I would love to find something closer to the Peter Sow dress print.





In the meantime, I sewing UFO's. Two finished for DD on Friday evening. Review will be posted probably tomorrow.






Additionally, client sewing is coming due. So I'm working on several projects at once and will post as I go.


Stay Tuned!

4 comments:

  1. Your silk piece is beautiful. I love watching you turn your ideas to garments. I like the Threads pattern you pick out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually that is not the dress I was thinking of but it certainly is a great choice. I had not seen that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited that you are making the dress! I have the 99 cent pattern in my stash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, I can definitely see you in that pattern and fabric.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin