Friday, January 16, 2009

Style Watching - Classy meets Sassy


I'm always styling watching, trying to keep up with the latest trends and searching for designs that suits my taste and fits my lifestyle. I've found my second inspiration outfit in Marie Claire 101 Ideas (Nov '08), featuring a Peter Som combo of tweed with audacious print dress and strappy heels.

Gotta Copy it! Here's the Peter Som dress without the coat. It goes for a cool $1,295. I could probably make it for under 50 bucks.



The Old Navy "steal" option goes for $34.50. Now that's more like it.



Strappy shoes: $57.75 at Macys.com



I can use McCall 5818 to copy the dress and New Look 6736 for the tweed coat (A little different).

Inspiration outfit #2 to copy in '09. The list grows on...,

Happy Style Watching!
C

14 comments:

  1. Cenetta, those patterns are very good, you'll make it look great. Me, I like the PS combo too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like most of the magazines are responding to the economy! I love the look and the dress will look great on your figure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute dress! And I really love the shoes. I have to go to the mall (shudder) today anyway, so maybe I'll stop by Macy's and check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Floral prints are so hot this year! Love this look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like to watch the trends too and see how I can interpret them through sewing. I am so glad I got into sewing! More people should!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice ensemble! That dress would be so easy to make and would take you through Spring. I also love those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This reminds me of a 60s vintage pattern that I have with the same neckline...bought because I loved the neckline. So it is interesting that you've found a recent designer dress in a similar vein.

    What a great outfit this will make!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, hurry and make the dress. That's gorgeous! I've already got the shoes, and mine were from Target! Gotta love Tarjay. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to see the finish product. You are going to look great

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know this is going to look good on you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait to see your copy of the dress, I trust it will be so gorgeous on you.
    www.sewfit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like what you are thinking about copying. I really love that dress. You might want to check Simplicity patterns for that dress. I think you may find one exactly like it. I know I have a Simplicity dress pattern pretty close but I am not near my patterns as I write to give you the number. Can't wait to see your version.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks everyone!

    Linda - I took advantage of the pattern sale at JoAnn's on Saturday and purchased another pattern that looks more like the inspiration dress. I think S2926 would be a better pattern to use.

    C

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin