Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Peter Sow Dress - Pt III - S2926

Fitting the pattern for this dress was pretty easy. Using Simplicity 2926 I made the FBA alterations and extend the length of the bodice to match that of the inspiration dress. I won't need a sway back alteration as this dress has elastic in the waist. I cut the entire pattern at size 16 hoping to address the fullness of the inspiration dress. I will do a muslin of the bodice to make sure there is no gaping at the neckline. This small concern can be easily remedied with deeper tucks and darts. Here's what I've been so far:

First, I made a FBA on the front bodice pattern piece.



The redraft of the front bodice to include desired length and FBA.



This view shows the lengthing of the front bodice as well as the FBA.



Alteration of the Back bodice. The midriff is eliminated to follow the same style as the Peter Sow dress. I added 4 1/2" to both bodice pieces. This will bring the bottom of the bodice to match the waist line of the inspiration dress and give allowance for the elasticized waist.

3 comments:

  1. That dress pattern is so cute! Can't wait to see your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to the completed dress.

    Cennetta, I nominated you for an award, please go to my site to see the rules.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've admired your sewing talent and sense of style for a long time.
    Please stop by my blog to pick up an "award"...

    Pam, from ~Off The Cuff Style~

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin