Saturday, June 27, 2009
Found the Curve - M5667 Part III
DD got some lotion on the pants while putting them on. Oh well, it should wash out.
Next version I'll narrow the legs a little more for a snug/comfort fit.
A few weeks ago, I made the first pair of jeans using M5667. The pattern photo shows a curver pant leg than the pattern produced. So I re-shaped the pant leg of the second pair to create "the curve" shown in the photo.
Inspired by a 1981c Palmer/Pletsch jean pattern, I decided to include some detailing on the back pockets.
I didn't have enought fabric for the back yoke, so I used some left over faux leather from a jacket made for DD in 2007. DD was quite pleased with the results and so was I.
Hear are a few photos of DD wearing the jeans with the jacket (2007).
This is the first of several projects that I will post this week. Left to review:
Three pairs of pants for me
One maxi dress