Saturday, June 27, 2009

Found the Curve - M5667 Part III



DD got some lotion on the pants while putting them on. Oh well, it should wash out.



Next version I'll narrow the legs a little more for a snug/comfort fit.


A few weeks ago, I made the first pair of jeans using M5667. The pattern photo shows a curver pant leg than the pattern produced. So I re-shaped the pant leg of the second pair to create "the curve" shown in the photo.

Inspired by a 1981c Palmer/Pletsch jean pattern, I decided to include some detailing on the back pockets.

I didn't have enought fabric for the back yoke, so I used some left over faux leather from a jacket made for DD in 2007. DD was quite pleased with the results and so was I.

Hear are a few photos of DD wearing the jeans with the jacket (2007).








This is the first of several projects that I will post this week. Left to review:

Three pairs of pants for me
One jumpsuit
and
One maxi dress

Happy Sewing

11 comments:

  1. Pretty! I love the back pocket detailing. :):):)

    Hugs,
    Lory

    ReplyDelete
  2. What luck to not have enough for the yokes. Your leather looks great. No wonder your daughter loves them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her whole outfit is pretty. Love the detailing on the jeans.word

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I love this outfit and it looks great on DD!

    ReplyDelete
  5. to say this is a terrific outfit is an understatement. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!You did an fantastic job!! I know your dd is loving them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the pocket detail! A great personal touch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous outfit! The pocket detail is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very unique!! I know she received alot of compliments.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the details!Your work is always beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cool! An amazing pair of jeans from an amazing mom!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin