Thursday, October 9, 2008

Not Much Sewing -- Plenty of Work

I haven't been able to get much sewing done the last two weeks. We are busy at work testing the new upgrade from our vendor and evaluating features (new/old). On Tuesday, our project started another round the implementation phase roll out; Since April 2008, I have been designated the presenter for the Chicago campus. Tuesday's session was the first to combine three meetings into one. So I was up talking for about two and half hours, giving an overview of the project, modules, services, and processes. Halfway through it I gave a demo of the application and previewed the various services available to the end-users. The next session isn't until November 4th. In the meantime, routine testing and evaluation continues.

On a lighter note, I'm hoping to get some blogging and sewing done over the next few days. I've only had time to read a few blogs and very little sewing. Oh yeah, I received a call from Fishman's Fabric. The Cadena magazines are in and I picked up my copy. I still have one copy reserved. Hopefully I'll have time to post something from the magazine this weekend. The postman brought my October 2008 issue of BWOF; it has some great pieces in it. I especially like the faux fur designs. That's all for now.



Happy Sewing!
Cennetta

11 comments:

  1. I love the faux fur designs in BWF too .The purlpe jacket looks very much like a black faux mink one I made last Jan. Will post some pics on my blog tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see what you post. I haven't sewn in forever, but I'm still interested in new designs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! I din´t know that Cadena is in English too. It´s Spanish magazine, Did you know? (I´m Spanish)
    The time... don´t worry, it´ll arrive!
    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see you been a busy gal with working. Cant wait to see what new designs you going to post. Good luck in your sewing soon.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey,
    Hope all is well...and as always I look forward too seeing what you come up with next.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Busy, busy, busy. Congrats on your presentation and hope you find some sewing time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hadn't heard of that magazine before, I'll have to check it out!!!

    Hugs,
    Lory

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't really sew that well but I still love it. Oddly enough, it calms me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for commenting on my blog. The Sandra Betzina coat is cute but it turned out a little snug. If you get this pattern keep in mind that it's cut smaller than her other patterns. I should have added an extra .5" at the side seams.Ireally enjoy yor blog and pattern reviews.Diana

    ReplyDelete
  11. ohhh .... Cennetta .- we like. My sewing is all started, but nothing very special. I have a large backlog. Now is a good time for magazines, I would buy all the ... greetings and see you soon. Paco

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin