Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Sewing - A Side Job

Everyone loved Ms. PB Vogue suit. And as a result of my latest sewing expedition, I've received requests for quite a few commissions. I'm still being very selective in what jobs I accept as not to overload myself or create a situation where regular life situations compete with "extra" jobs.

I started working on V1015 for Ms. CB. Last Saturday I cut the pattern based on her measurements. Today I will make the muslin for the first fitting. Before cutting the pattern, I read the instructions for making this beautiful gown. There are 143 steps to putting it together. The dress consist of a full lining with a joining foundation. It also includes several flowers at the shoulders and hip area, a godet, and an invisible zipper. Ms. CB selected a sea foam crepe back satin. This dress is a beautiful challenge.

Ms. CB's event is in July 2008, which gives me plenty of time to get it done. Side note on Ms. CB. She is a veteran at making gowns and prom dresses. I was surprised when she asked me to make her dress, which takes the challenge up a notch. I have myself to critique my work and a veteran sewist.

Also on the client cutting table are pants for Ms. Dee. Neue Mode 22928 with variations in eight different fabrics.

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful gown you're doing for CB. I can't wait to see it. Also the suit for PB is beautiful as well, I'm sure she enjoyed plenty of compliments on it. You did a beautiful job and she wears it well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the charmeuse gown looks like a real challenge. Best of luck with it.
    I hope you end up with some energy to sew some for you as well.
    What kind of event is the gown for?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have nothing to worry about. The gown is going to be beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh! Cennetta, beautiful projects. The dress of satin crepe is wonderful, worthy of a star of films. I am sure you will have every success in this work. best wishes. Paco

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm SO looking forward to your review of V1015. Would love to see your construction details on that one, along with the finished garment of course. Sounds like it's going to be a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, that suit on Ms. PB was just gorgeous! And the gown, I know will be fabulous! Can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It will be great to follow along while you make this beautiful gown!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin