Monday, March 30, 2009

Sewing Like A Mad Woman!

I've been sewing like a mad woman for the past three days finishing two dresses for myself and nearly finishing my niece's dinner dance dress and jacket. She needs to try it on for the final fit before hemming and sewing the lining to the dress. I took off Thursday, Friday and today to do some sewing and a few things around the house. It was a very productive time and am pleased with my accomplishments.

I'll have pictures later this week. Today I need to make a run to Hancock for more fabric. I didn't get enough for the jacket/coat for the banquet dress. I really want to try to complete a large portion of it today. The dinner is Sunday evening. The jacket/coat is simple so it shouldn't take long to finish. Also, my niece is coming today to try on her dress. So I've making a lot of progress of the projects.

Next week I'll make the second muslin for my other niece's prom dress. Then I start sewing for another client, who is attending the same dinner dance as my niece Dominique. Meanwhile, DD is itching for another dress and some knit tops. It never ends.

BTW- It was about 45 degrees on Saturday. Sunday morning we got several inches of snow. It's still winter in Chicago.

Happy Sewing!
C

12 comments:

  1. It is still winter in Michigan also. Wow-you're really on a sewing marathon. Looking forward to pictures of your finished garments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a busy woman! Can't wait to see the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're going to need a break after all that sewing! I can't wait to see the results of all your work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG you are a busy lady!! Can't wait to see the finished projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I feel bad with our MD weather, that is terrible. Let's hope we wake up and it is all over in a day or so, you know how the weather can be. Don't you just love when you are able to get things accomplished, and you are right it never ends. If you're not sewing for yourself, which, if you are anything like me, you have loads of patterns you want to get to, there is someone waiting in the wings. Good luck on everything and can't wait to see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doesn't it feel wonderful to have such a productive time sewing. Your niece is lucky to have you. Happy sewing

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goodness! I'd have a nervous breakdown if I were you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your interest. Lindsay - You are so funny. Truth be sold, it does stress me a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to see the fruits of your labor. Not much sewing going on here. My sewing area flooded again. (Whine)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How I wish I was in Chicago!!! I love the cold. :):):)

    Wow, that's a lot of sewing. You put me to shame, lol. :):):) Kudos on your work.

    Hugs,
    Lory

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow it sounds like allot ...can't wait too see all the work your producing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It must feel absolutely great to be so productive :) Look forward to seeing your garments.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin