Thursday, July 30, 2009

Side Tracked by Simplicity 2724

Sheila is my inspiration for this post. While on facebook yesterday she asked me about my progress on the jean pocket project. Sad to report, I got no further than finishing the seam allowance on the pants. I'll probably finish them on Saturday.

So, what side tracked me?...., Simplicity 2724.

My DD asked for another version of this dress made out of fabric she bought in the spring.



She and her Gal Pals are on their way to Vegas next weekend. So I made the cap sleeve version with the pleated neckline and same skirt as the easter dress. After church, I finished it. Maybe I'll get a photo of her in it before she leaves. So in the meantime, I'll work on my jeans, of course, along with the matching jacket. Also, in the works are my bright orange dress, M5801 and my multi-color (brown, green, and orange)dress, V1020.

5 comments:

  1. That's really pretty fabric.

    I wanted to welcome you to Sew Retro. Looking forward to seeing your vintage creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great-looking pattern. I have it but haven't sewn it up yet. How lucky to place an order for custom clothing in time for a girls' trip to Vegas! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is gorgeous fabric. I think I've seen that pattern here and there, but it's actually not one in my stash.....yet! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous fabric and beautiful dress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice and pretty summer dress. The pockets on the jeans is very nice.
    I have never sewn jeans. Maybe when I get my TNT pant pattern worked out, I may try making a pair for myself

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin