Wednesday, September 9, 2009

DD's Career Wardrobe - Fall 2009

I'm almost finished cutting all of the pieces for the planned wardrobes for DD. The goal is to sew pieces of the wardrobe between the client projects currently underway. DD is pleased with the plan. Here they are.



This is the first of two Career Wardrobe. All items were cut out Monday, September 7, 2009. For the dress, I purchased a really nice cranberry wool suiting at Hancock's for $12.95 per yard. Brown/Beige Hounds Tooth purchased at Vogue Fabric's Remnant room (two pieces at $6.95 and $4.95) for the jacket and pants. And the Dark Brown Corduroy (skirt) also purchased at Vogue (stash).




Second Career Wardrobe for DD. The Violet Silk Cotton Blend is from Vogue Fabric which will be used for the dress. I think I'm going to underline it to give the dress a little more body. The jacket will be made from a wool blend that I purchased at the Textile Discount Warehouse (stash). I'm using a purple suiting (polyester) purchased at Hancock's on Labor day. Finally, the skirt will be made from a nice grey suiting gifted to me (Pauline).

I think this is a suitable wardrobe plan for a young college graduate to have. The jacket (second wardrobe) is a little trendy, but I think it will definitely work for the office. This is something that I want to do for my DD. She a good girl (lady). ;-)

So there you have it; two wardrobes planned for her among other things that I dare not talk about now.

Fall is here!!!

Happy Sewing!
C

24 comments:

  1. I love both of these wardrobes and the fabrics you've chosen. I'm finding myself quite inspired by these mini wardrobes and I think this will influence my sewing from here on in. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wardrobe plans for your daughter look really wonderful--stylish and professional. I love the fabric choices. What a wonderful gift. She is a lucky lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter will impress in these outfits. She is lucky to have you on hand to help. It is hard for young women to find the balance between looking trendy and looking professional.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I have ambitious sewing plans but yours are always soooo much more than mine and you manage to accomplish sew much more than I do! I am sure that your DD is thrilled that she will have an amazing wardrobe but most especially that it will be made with love by her mother!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your daughter is so blessed to have such a great mom like you to make her these wardrobes. I can't wait to see the finished pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like all of your fabric choices, but especially the cranberry wool. What a knockout dress that will be. Your daughter will be one of the best-dressed in the office, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These wardrobe plans are wonderful. I love your color choices - the cranberry and brown and violet and grey combinations are going to look gorgeous. Your daughter is going to have an amazing fall wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always love to see these "mini" wardrobe plans. Looks absolutely wonderful for your daughter. Love the not so classic jacket in the second plan. Just right for her age I think.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous wardrobe plans. Your daughter is very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your choices - both fabrics and patterns. You're daughter is extremely fortunate to have a mom who sews – but I'm sure you both already know that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cennetta...both wardrobes are so nice. Your daughter is lucky to have a mom with such taste and style!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks like it will be a great wardrobe! I like the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the choices you made. I want to do something like this for my DD. She's used to wearing very casual clothes to work and now she has to dress a more professionally. You've inspired me! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wardrobe Collection is really nice and love the color selections.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both wardrobes are very nice. Fabric choices are wonderful. Your DD is a very lucky lady.
    I so miss going to Vogue Fabrics, nothing even close like that where I live now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good girl? She must be a fantastic girl!! Love both wardrobes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, I'm so impressed with you! Perfect for a recent grad.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks everyone! DD will graduate Spring of 2010. This fall she is looking for an internship. So I wanted to help her "look the part". ;-)
    Have a great weekend and Happy Sewing!
    C

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a wonderful Mom you are and the two wardrobes are great. Your DD is a very lucky young lady. My daughter always feels guilty when I make her too many things. I can't convince her that it is my pleasure to sew for her and that many times the fabrics come from my stash.She's a funny girl that way. she says that I probably feel sorry for her because she's 40 and still single. LOL.Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, you definitely have a plan, and DD is one very lucky young lady. I can't wait to see each collection finished and modeled. With your color choices, I know they will look great.

    ReplyDelete
  21. DD is lucky to have a mom who sews. Your choices for her career wardrobe is great, the colors are great especially the cranberry.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The wardrobes will be wonderful for starting her career. She is a lucky young woman and I cannot believe how much you accomplish! I thought to do this for my dd too, but she decided to decamp to Korea instead and doesn't need such a professional wardrobe. It's also kind of hard to fit her from here!

    ReplyDelete
  23. The collections are fabulous. DD looks great in her wardrobe. You did a wonderful job as always!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin