Thursday, February 18, 2010

Vintage Vogue 1084 - Ms. PB - Part II

Last Saturday, Ms. P. Bell and I made another trek to Fishman's for fabric. Vogue was unable to place the order from the warehouse because the order was for less than 30 yards. We were lucky. Fishman's had some of their silk dupioni on sale for $7.50. You can't beat that. We were able to work out a design scheme with two shades of gold.

Initially, we thought to redraft the front bodice/skirt section into two separate pieces. But on Monday Ms. P. Bell spoke again about changing the way we would use the lighter shade for the back skirt. In which case, the front bodice/skirt section could remain as one.

I must send a shout out to Fishman's sell team. They are always super helpful with gathering materials needed to make your garment. On Saturday, Thomas spent quite a bit of time with us. I've never had a bad experience with the sale's team.

While I was there, I noticed the pattern section only had Vogue pattern and the Cadena fabric/fashion catalogs. And yeah, the ladies at the register told me the Cadena magazines were in. I reserved mine Spring issue a few weeks ago. I need to pick it up today or tomorrow. Of choice, I have a show and tell. Cadena is the best.

Oh well, the pattern has been cut. Next I'll make the muslin. (Not following Jean Haas's technique this go round. Maybe I follow it for DD's Easter dress.) Other sewing news. .., Min. Hollis's robe is complete. I'm picking it up from the cleaners today. It's white trimmed in black. When I did the final press, I noticed a few dirty spots on it.

More to come later.

2 comments:

  1. It's so nice when the sales people are helpful and pleasant.

    I'm looking forward to seeing your Vogue 1084 made up. It is such a pretty dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to your show and tell and Min. H's robe.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin