Monday, March 8, 2010

Spring 2010 - Cadena! Can You Stand Some More?

Can you stand some more inspiration? Maybe not for those of you who saw the Oscars last night. So many fabulous dresses. There were a few nice tuxedos on the red carpet as well.

But for the sake of sewing "Real Way" instead of "Run Way", here are a few more of my favorites from the Spring Catalog. Enjoy!


Great details on this jacket. The white on black is something I want to incorporate into one of my Spring/Summer projects.



I've been wanting a similar jacket for a while. I need move it closer to the up of the ole list.



The layering technique used in this outfit is outstanding. It's fresh and doesn't look over done. (Side note - the models have big beautiful hair.)



Great use of fabric. The combination of the chiffon (belt) and the boucle (jacket) is interesting. The colors remind me of a dewy spring morning with the scents of gardenias and jasmine flowing in the air.



The big flower is definitely over the top. But I like the idea of the side flounce instead of a slit.

Happy Sewing!
C

12 comments:

  1. The white safari-style jacket rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the inspiration.. These are some great picks...I love them all but my favorite would be look one 1 & 2...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can always stand more! I love the white jacket/print skirt and the print in that last dress is gorgeous too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The topstitching/ pickstitching in the first photo is really fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Cadena catalogs. They are great for ideas and inspiration. I have never bought any of the fabric though. Too expensive for my budget. I like both of those jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very inspirational indeed. Gorgeous actually!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can never get enough of inspiration. I love the outfits you find for inspiration. I really the second skirt, the black and white one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They sure did have on some fly tuxedos! I loved Robin Williams especially.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These really got me thinking....they are all gorgeous and very inspirational... Thanks for posting

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of pretty pieces. I've missed you while I was away!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I recently saw your blog about the Cadena magazine, I love everything about it. How can I get a subscription to this magazine?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks! Ms. Alethia - The Cadena magazine can be purchased ($30) at Fishman's Fabric in Chicago. It's published twice a year. I reserve my copy with Barbara. She can be reached at 312-922-3396. May be you can reserve a copy for you.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin