Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Ramblings and New Projects

Hello lovely ones,

It's been a loonnng week, but we survived the Blizzard of 2011. Thank you for your well wishes and comments. I finally got the snow removed and am able to think about and do other things. Joy...

I was able to get out and attend the Haute Couture meeting on Saturday. It was a major to-do. The meeting was jam packed with fashion show business and other great sewing related activities. If you are in the Chicagoland area, you should join. I promise, you will be glad you did. It is a phenomenal organization.

No pictures this time..., I'm working with Tara Fowler on ticket sales and seating arrangements for the show. For the February issue of Tailored Tales I wrote two articles. It was a pleasure. I'm thinking of topics for future articles.

Currently, I'm working on multiple sewing projects: some for the fashion show and others just because...

While recuperating from shovelling snow, I started working on my refashion projects. Three coats (leather and fur) turned into two purses for starters.

Next post, details on the process of salvaging the leather and fur.

Parting shots: DD sitting amidst the snow after shovelling. The job was too big for one person. On Friday, the city reported that no alleys would be plowed. So Wonderful Wendell helped me and a few neighbors clear the snow from the alley. Then Trustworthy Thomas replaced the bolts ripped from the splash guard that protects the motor of my car. Big thanks and big love to those MEN that helped me.




2 comments:

  1. Shoveling snow is hard work...but fortunately a good work out too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean. I am so tired of the snow, enough alredy. In other news getting ready for the fashion show sounds exciting. I am looking forward to you posting about your refashioned project.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin