Monday, March 14, 2011

Haute Couture Club - Fashion Show Garment Review


On Saturday, my sister, daughter and I met with the garment review committee for the Haute Couture Club Fashion show. The review consisted of photos (front, back and side), completion of a form, and a critique of the garment. The judges were very thorough paying close attention to the seams, hem and alignment of focus points in the garment. It was great having someone else take a close look at the clothes I made. Photographed is my sister wearing a dress made using B5277. The fabric is silk dupioni. The dress was simple so I wanted to add some special detail to it. I hand picked to zipper and added seed beads. Also, DD made the broach (not shown)for a touch of jewelry.

Now I have a few minor changes on some of the garments. And I need to sew garment #7; then bring it to the final review later this month.

That's all for now.

Happy Sewing!
C

PS - Rhonda Buss was having her garments reviewed as well. Man-o-man! She has some FABULOUS outfits.

10 comments:

  1. Good luck, but you really don't need it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so exciting! Having your garments in a fashion show! Tell me you'll have lots of pictures of the final show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you good luck too and I gave you an award on my blog yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Everyone. Special thanks to Myra for the award.
    C

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this sounds intense. I wish you the very best with this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so exciting. You must learn a lot from having your garment reviewed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't remember if this is a contest of some kind. But if it is good luck. You make beautiful clothes and I'm sure you are going to do very well. Have fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That adorable! I wish you all the luck in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a blog award for you posted on my blog. Accept only if you have time to participate.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, ladies. Myra and Faye special thanks for the award. I will post something soon.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin