Friday, October 7, 2011

Snake, Rattle and Roll



Snakeskin is big this fall, heavily featured in magazines and on the runway. I've always loved snakeskin. It's exotic and beautiful.

A few years ago, I made a faux snakeskin jacket that I'm still wearing this fall season. It's a great jacket to throw on with jeans or a skirt.



Last month, I made my first structured purse using a snakeskin print fabric from Vogue Fabric. Later I will make a matching jacket. This fabric only cost $4.99 per yard. It's reversible and rich in appearance. I think Vogue had it in three different colors.



Today's snakeskin inspiration comes from magazines: Marie Claire and Vogue. Enjoy and have a wonderful weekend!

Love, love the killer boots.  And check out the mixed media on the purse and jacket.


Interesting colors on these snakeskin clutches.  Off topic - Kewl boots that look like shoes.

Dress and blouse -  Snakeskin on top of snakeskin.  Interesting..,

11 comments:

  1. Love your jacket and absolutely crave that purse. Hate snakes but love that snakeskin look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous looking jacket - interesting that you made it a few years ago because it looks absolutely 'this season'. And I think that it will go on looking wonderful for many seasons more. So perfect to dress up a pair of jeans! I can't believe that you made that purse - it looks like something that would cost huge sums of money at a designer store - I really love it. (btw I also love Vogue Fabrics - they have so many great fabrics at good prices!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the last blouse/skirt or dress. LOVE that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing, love that print. Very nice pics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your jacket. I have two pairs of faux snakeskin shoes. They are much more 'neutral' than I thought they would be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am seeing snakeskin a lot!!! I like the structure purse you made; great use of the snakeskin fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look fabulous in that jacket! I love the look of snakeskin on others, but I haven't yet decided if it's really "me".

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to make something out of snakeskin this season! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great jacket and bag. I love the bag's fabric. The jacket looks totally "in season"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Snakeskin is SO in!!! You've got some great ideas featured there. I LOVE your jacket! I have some snakeskin fabric I plan to use for a jacket too and hope it turns out as nice as yours!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin