Friday, December 6, 2013

McCall 6562 - Still Reviewing Sewing from Warmer Days


Today's review is on another top made during the summer months. This is one of the tops I made for vacation. The funny thing is I ended up not taking it. Soon I'll review some season appropriate garments.

BTW-Just looking at the photos has got me wishing for warmer days. It's predicted that temperatures will be in the single digits tomorrow morning. Grrr!

Pattern Description:
MISSES' LINED TOPS: Pullover, bias, lined tops have gathered front variations, left side zipper and very narrow hems. B: purchased pin. A,B and C: fitted; right shoulder pleats. D: unlined sleeve. E: bias overlay. Ruffle C and overlay E: wrong side shows. D and E: close-fitting.


Pattern Sizing:
Sizes XS to XXL; I made size medium with modifications. View C.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes, it did.


Were the instructions easy to follow?
The instructions were fine. These tops are cut on the bias. So after I cut it out I pinned it to a hanger for a few days. Then I sewed it together except for the hem. I let it hang again before truing up the hem and hemming it.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
My Likes: the pleating on the shoulder, the little ruffle over the strap. No real dislikes.

Fabric Used:
I used a silky polyester print and a silky polyester solid for the lining. Both were purchased at Hancock's.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I made a FBA similar to this. I installed an invisible zipper. Note: You may need to adjustment to placement of the strap so it covers your bra strap/sits on a comfortable area of your back and shoulder.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
I also like view E. I may sew it next year. Yes I do recommend it to others.


Conclusion: This is a cute top that perfect for warm weather.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely top - very fresh looking. Very Spring / Summer. As it is summer down under then it is season appropriate for us. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you I am wishing for warm, summer days. Icy rain mix here today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a super cute top. I love the way it looks from the front. Hope you are staying warm, fun to see summer styles in the winter. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin