Thursday, February 6, 2014

Another Easy Knit Top - McCall 6241

Today's review is on McCall's 6241. I was surprised to see that it was out of print so soon. It's easy and great to wear with leggings. I made this version over a year ago.  

Pattern Description:
MISSES' AND WOMEN'S TUNICS IN TWO LENGTHS: Pullover tunics A, B, C have extended shoulders with pleats at one shoulder and side, machine-stitched hems and asymmetrical lower edge; tunic A has cap sleeves; tunics B, C have long sleeves.

Pattern Sizing:
8 to 24W; I used size 14; 16 across the chest.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes. I thought I might make a pair of sequined leggings to go with it to match the outfit the lady is wearing on the pattern envelope. It never happened. Maybe later. :-)

Were the instructions easy to follow?
No problems.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I liked the pleating at the shoulder and waist. The drape neck is a good look for me. No dislikes.


Fabric Used:
The rayon knit is from my stash.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
No significant changes.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Yes, I will and I do recommend it to others. I hope you have it already.


Conclusion: This is a very easy knit top that sews together very quickly. You can style it will your favorite leggings. I like to wear it belted to add some definition at the waist.

8 comments:

  1. I like it! Too bad it is out of print, it looks easy enough for me to try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice looking outfit!I especially like the boots!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. Sometimes just being able to finish a top when you're busy is a good feeling.
    It's similar to one in January or February's Burda. They will probably publish it on the website.
    Yes, it's different, but it has a similar feel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful top, love the color too!
    Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice top with its stylish drape. I prefer your new pants with this top. But I'm not a 'matchy matchy' type of girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job on this top. It looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin