Thursday, January 15, 2015

Happy New Year: Reflections

I can't believe that we are already fifteen days into the new year.  My life has been a rollercoaster from September to the end of December.  Taking a few moments to think about it all was quite overwhelming.  But one of my greatest takeaways is that I am tremendously blessed.  From surgery to recovery and to retirement.   I'm on the path to new beginnings.


So many possibilities.  At my exit interview with the VP for IT, I was asked if I would come back to work on the training project.  Of course, I said yes.  As I was saying it, I was thinking about all the other things I'd like to be doing.  All the things that I promised myself that I would do.  It's funny how when the opportunity arrives for you to do a new thing, you can't seem to get started with the plan. 


My plan for retirement was to sew more, teach sewing, attend more workshops, and explore the possibilities of creating my own line of accessories.  I also considered taking on a few more clients.  That was my sewing plan for retirement.  I still want to pursue that plan. 


But I feel like a fish out of water without my 9 to 5.  And that's crazy!  This is the time I've been waiting for and I can't seem to put things into motion.  Without my university issued laptop, blogging is almost nonexistent.  The portable convenience of the laptop has me spoiled.  The desktop is inconveniently located in DD's bedroom.  I need to purchase a laptop.



Missed Opportunities:


Today, I'm trying to sort out the sewing related posts that never made it to my blog.  At this point some I won't publish, but there are a few that I think are worthwhile and I will try to get them done. This has not been the best year of sewing for me.  Many projects are half done or barely started.  The good thing is many were started at the end of summer and most are fall/winter garments.



What's Next on my blog:


I will review of the Susan Khalje and Rhonda Buss workshop.  Then expect some projects and some fashion inspiration.  I plan to continue the Notes on a Pattern series.



Blog Update:


The ole blog needs a face lift.  One of the things I'd like to do is to reorganized the content on the blog for easier navigation.  This is something that I've wanted to do for awhile.  Now I have some time to do it.


So that's it for now. 


Happy Sewing!
C








11 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Happy to see what this new phase brings for you. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on all of your exciting news. Here's wishing you a happy and healthy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to what you decide is most important to do now, without the 9 to 5 schedule. Your sewing has been an inspiration, and it will lead you in the direction you most need to go now. I'm in a similar situation, having "retired" from my 5 years on the governance board of ASDP, and I'm finding it hard to withdraw from the constant behind-the-scenes work on the website. But as my successor finds her footing and takes charge of things I used to do, I'm exploring where I want to go in my sewing business now, and planning to make my blog a bigger part of that development. Here's to a new year for us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Janee. It's so hard to switch gears. Throughout the day I'm thinking about the support queue. I certainly need to concentration on my future.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on your retirement and return to health!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy new year, Cennetta! I too, look forward to seeing what this new year is going to bring for you and pray that it's everything you wanted to be!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin