Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Simplicity Summer Jumpsuit - S1114

Hi!

Boy, I have been so lazy to blog or even get on the computer. This post was semi-already two weeks ago. It is another vacation outfit.

I'm going to try to get back into the habit of posting and reading blogs (fingers crossed). 

Anyway..,

Here is my review on Simplicity 1114:


At the forest preserve here my home.




Pattern Description:  Misses' easy dress and jumpsuits which features mini dress with halter ties, wide leg jumpsuit with thick straps, and slim jumpsuit in two length with v-neckline in front and back.  All views include convenient side pockets.  I used View C.

Pattern Sizing:  XXS to XXL; I used size medium adding a little more width along the bust area of the bodice.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?  Yes, it did except for the straps.  I changed the design of them.

Were the instructions easy to follow? Very, very simple to make.  I didn't need them, but at a glance, they look pretty easy to follow.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?  I wanted to try one of the new summer jumpsuit patterns, and I wanted something quick and easy to sew for vacation.  This fit the bill.  I was a little concern about how it would look on top.  In retrospect, I did not need to add any width to the bodice.  I could have narrower the entire jumpsuit for a slightly closer fit. 



I see someone on the path.

Eyes Closed, Grr!

Fabric Used:  I purchased this challis print from Hancock.  It is soft and floating, great for a vacation outfit.  Before sewing, I preshrunk the fabric and gave it a good steamy press.    The print was crooked.  This was a challenge when it came to trying to line-up the print.  I think I was at least able to get the print straight cross the pattern pieces, but I didn't have enough fabric to match the print front and back.  Next time, I will be careful when selecting a print of the type from the fabric store.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: There were only a few small changes:

  • For the straps, I cut six bias strips about 2" wide and 18" long to make six narrow straps to braid into to straps.  
  • Added 4" to the length of the pant.
  • Excluded the pockets and belt.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?  I think I will try this again.  Next time taking out some of the width.  And yes, I do recommend it to others.  Jumpsuits are on trend.  You can even add elastic to the hem of the pant leg.  All of the views of this pattern are great for easy, breezy vacation clothes.    This pattern can be made by all level sewists.

Conclusion:  This is an quick and easy pattern to sew that does not require lots of fit adjustments for the average person.

Parting Shot:  Me in Jamaica.  We stop so I could at least get a picture or two before going to the Raggae concert at the Rui Negril Pavillion.


Happy Sewing!
C


11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous - it looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love this jumpsuit on you! The fabric , fit and styling .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice ma'am. The Jamaica look is nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This jumpsuit is beautiful. You look gorgeous in it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable jumpsuit Cennetta! Looks like you're ready for a cruise to the caribbean!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this look on you! It's so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you please tell me how you did the elastic part on the top of this pattern if possible, i would really appreciate your help to this, thank you😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alicia, I follow the instructions as printed on the guide sheet. Is there something specific about the elastic application you want to know about?

      Delete
  8. No, it's fine, I was able to figure it out, although I didnt know that I had to cut my own bias for the top part of the elastic! Thank you for replying to my message, may you have a good day!
    Regards Alicia

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin