Wednesday, September 19, 2018

It's Not Too Late - August, 2018 Sewing Projects


It's incredible, I wrote this blog on August 28, 2018; but didn't publish it.  Why?  I think because I became disappointed with the last project to finish in August.

I was almost finished with the dress when I tried it on again and decide it's just not for me.  It's, it's.., something..,  What I couldn't exactly pin point.

Anyway, after two weeks, I decided to try it on again.  This time, I saw renewed hope of finishing the dress. With a few more adjustments, it's wearable. 

Now, what's left to do is:
  - take it in where needed
  - finish attaching the facing to the dress
  - Make buttonholes and sew in buttons
  - Hem dress
and finally,
  - Decide on a different color belt.  I think that will improve the look.

This will be the last of five projects started in August.  To recap my sewing projects for August, 2018.  Blue is the common color theme for August; I really didn't notice before.


Vogue Top 1247 - I haven't worn this top yet.  I want to pair it with a red or white denim skirt for vacation.





Simplicity 8014 Gingham Dress - Love the 1" inch gingham squares. Perfect for this style shirt dress.





Simplicity 8014 Crane Shirt for DD - She really appreciated this little summer top and will get a lot of wear out of it.





Vogue 9260 Hacked Dress -  This floaty challis dress is my least favorite of my August makes.  But it won't be hidden in the back of the closet.  I've worn it and will wear it some more.






Stay tuned for notes and reviews.  I should finish the dress this week.   BTW - I still have a few projects from earlier this year to review.  They will be added to the September and October reviews.

Thanks you for following me and special thanks to those who continue to post comments.  They are much appreciated.

Happy Sewing!
Cennetta

3 comments:

  1. ooo that gingham dress is so cute, now I want one in my wardrobe. And the color of the first dress is lovely so I hope you finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blue is my favorite color!! It is such a great theme for you! I like everything you made, and really like the challis dress the most.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin