Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Trinity Church in Boston Massachusetts - First Stop on Vacation




We returned home from vacation.  And today I'm spending a little time reflecting on our trip.  It was a good relaxing vacation where we spent our days cruises Northeast to Maine and Canada.  First we flew into Boston, Massachusetts, spending a day at Copley Square.




It's funny how with each vacation, we find ourselves visiting a place of worship.  This time it was Trinity Church in Boston.  A very old and beautiful edifice.  As we walked Copley Square where a huge book festival was taking place, there stood Trinity church.  We decided to go in.  They have self-guided tours with audio assistance from just $10.00.  Who could pass it up.  Trinity was established in the 1600's and founded at the current location in 1733.  It is a parish of the Episcopal Diocese of Massachusetts.

The Eagle represents God's word taking flight.





Many different artists were commission to complete the interior of the church.  Each of them brought their own unique style and artistry to create a fantastic work of beauty.  The stained glass windows alone where created by several different artisans.




I was very glad I decided to take the tour.  It peaked my curiosity and I wanted to know more about the history of the church. (I'll research later.) While I was there though, I took several pictures. They don't do it justice, but you'll get the idea of how breathtaking it is.



More information about Trinity Church in Boston is here. 

2 comments:

  1. One of my favorite areas of Boston! If you ever come back let me know if you want to do a meetup. I live an hour and 15 min. away. If you didn't make it, the next time you will have to do the North End, my favorite place in all of Boston. Glad you enjoyed this beautiful city and had such a wonderful visit.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin