Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Just A Little Fun with Pattern Hacking - Simplicity S8982






Good morning everyone,

Just for fun, I decided to do a little pattern hacking  on Simplicity S8982.   So for the next top, I decided to add a keyhole. 






To make it, I simply traced my adjusted front pattern of view C.  Then, I determined the size of my keyhole. Transferred that to my copied pattern and cut the shape away.


Next, I cut a facing to finish the area.  The dimensions are:  1.5" by 12".  My length is based on the size of the hole.  Measure it and add a few inches for safety.



Next, fold the facing in half lengthwise and press.  attach the folded facing to the right side of the front.  Then, press and fold to the inside of the front.  Stitch it in place.  Now continue the construction as instructed by the guide sheet.  That's it.  Pretty easy.

BTW- I still plan to post pictures of me wearing the first outfit using this pattern.  It's a Mood post.  So I'm waiting for it to appear on their website first.  Anyway, below is a picture of the third top that I made.





Happy Sewing!

C

8 comments:

  1. Love it and it's so pretty with the blue print skirt. Happy Thanksgiving, Cenetta!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bunny. Happy thanj sdcc giving to you and your family.

      Delete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving!
    Love the tops and the great hack!
    What fabric did you use for the blue and taupe tops?
    Also, did you do a FBA for this pattern?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Polyester/Lycra ITY from Fabricmart Fabrics.

      Delete
    2. Oh, and yes I did a FBA on the original pattern. See previous post.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin