Monday, October 19, 2020

My First Cashmerette Appleton Dress





Wheee!

After that ten plus hour blouse, I needed something quick and easy.  The Cashmerette Appleton Dress fit the bill.  I used her sizing chart and my t-shirt dress sloper to help identify my size.  This process significantly reduced the amount of time that I would spend on fit adjustments.

One of the beauties of Cashmerette's patterns is that they include multiple cup sizes beyond D, which is great for a lot of people.  So for this dress I used size 16 with cup size E/F.  This was spot on for me.  The only other pattern alterations and changes made were lengthen the dress by 3 inches, lengthen the sleeve by 2 inches, lengthen the ties, and added just a little width across the back.    I didn't make a swayback adjustment because the dress ties around the waist.  



 



I can have a dozen of these dresses in my closet.  ;-)


 

The Appleton Dress is described as the classic wrap dress designed to play up your curves with a crossover front, a built-in waist tie, and a deep v-neck.  Designed by and for curvy women.

It is available in sizes 12 to 28 with cup sizes C/D, E/F, and G/H. 

My dress looks like the illustrations on the pattern cover.  And I am very pleased with how it turned out.

The instructions were good.  Easy to follow.  I really like that the construction for the ties, neck, and front bands. It creates a neat, clean finish.

There is so much to like about this dress; no dislikes for me.

Likes:

  • Easy to sew classic wrap dress.
  • Multiple cup size for easy fitting.
  • Shoulder length is perfect.
  • Stylish and classic
  • Great wardrobe staple.

 


My fabric choice was perfect for this wrap dress.  It is a ITY jersey knit from Gorgeous Fabrics: Bold Scale Paisley ITY jersey
It sews up beautifully.  Before cutting it out, I tossed the fabric into the washer, then into the dryer.  Just a great yardage of fabrics that washes well too.  It has a soft hand and is great against the skin. 

I've already cut my second dress out.  So you can expect to see this wrap dress over and over again on my blog.  I highly recommend it to others.  But I think a large percentage of the online sewing community has already try it. 

 This is a great classic wrap dress.  A must have staple for every well dressed lady.  



Happy Sewing!

C

23 comments:

  1. What a beautiful dress! I have not tried this one yet, but you have convinced me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ann. It's so easy. You should made it.

      Delete
  2. Cennetta you look gorgeous in this gorgeous dress. Stunning fabric and perfect fit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I have been following your blog for years and this look finally made me leave a comment. Fantastic dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I've seen both on IG and they're both gorgeous! Great job as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks just fabulous on you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful dress and it looks great on you. I recently purchased the top-only version of this pattern and now want to make it more than ever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've already commented about how fabulous this looks on you over on IG but it doesn't hurt to say it again. I tend to not like wrap or faux wrap tops on me because they just seem to make my bust look even larger. It doesn't on you and it also looks like it doesn't gape which is great. Did you make any changes to the crossing pieces?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nancy. I think one of the best little designs of the dress is the neckband design. It hugs the neckline perfectly, no gapping and no need to make a little tuck to remove gappibg.

      Delete
  8. You are seriously gorgeous in this dress!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! I am working on a Burda wrap dress, hope to post about it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bonito vestido y preciosa tela. BESICOS.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin