Thursday, September 11, 2008

Neue Mode Stil Young Collection J22928



This is my girlfriend's all time favorite pants pattern. I've used it at least 15 times. It's very versatile; I've added pockets, slits, and waistband to style them up a bit.






This time last year, DeeDee and I made a trip over to Vogue Fabrics during the lunch hour. In less than an hour, she had 10 cuts of raw silk basket weave fabric for pants and jackets. At that time she was in no hurry for the pants and said, "Just take my fabric home with you and I'll let you know when I'm ready." Well a few months ago she said, "I'm ready." I made five pair (Black and Purple and three multi-color) this time around, no additions (pockets or waistbands) and no belt loops.






Pattern Description: Wide leg pants with front and back darts, front zipper, faced waist and optional carriers.

Pattern Sizing: 8-18

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Pretty much. I omitted the belt loops.

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yep. I just glanced over them. Typical instructions for basic pants.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? Like: Everything. These pants go together really fast. I finished all of the seams and sew them together in two sewing evenings. I also like the versatility of the style; it's very easy to add pockets (patch or in-set), the zipper can be moved to the side or back seam, and slits can be added as well. Nothing to dislike.

Fabric Used: Raw silk, basket weave

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made: This time I only added two darts to the back for better shaping at the waist.





Matching the pattern of the fabric side seam.


Matching the pattern of the fabric at center front seam.




Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Yes and Yes, if you can find it or have it in your collection. Dee will probably have me to make a few more this winter. We'll see. ;-)

Conclusion: This is a great pattern that a beginner could easily put together. Great wardrobe builder.

9 comments:

  1. Those pants came out great wonderful job you did for your friends pants. Great work.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pants look great on your friend. I've never tried this style on myself as I always thought it would overwhelm me, maybe not though. Although I am becoming more adventuresome in my "maturing" age so maybe it's time to give this style a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great slacks and they look good on your friend.

    I've nominiate you for 2 awards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's a TNT pattern! She looks great and those fabrics are really gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pants look good and they also look comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, so I came by just to say thanks for coming to visit us at African-AmericanBrides.com. But now that I'm here I'm loving these funky pants! I could see me rocking those this Fall. Like the first poster said, I'm actually getting more adventurous the older I get...lol.

    Erica
    African-AmericanBrides.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cennetta .- these pants are wonderful. I love all tissues, so original, and she really looks divine. congratulations. greetings, Paco

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, those are some patterned pants - just looking at that check on my computer monitor has my eyes dancing. Must have been a challenge to work with. Looks like a v versatile pattern though.

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pants are very stylish and look great on your friend! Good job!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin