Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Pencil Skirts for Ms. PB

Ms. PB has commissioned me again..., This time the order is for pencil skirts. Ms. PB sings in the choir at church. The choir (sometime) wears white blouse/shirt and black skirt/pants, instead of robes. She wants two skirts: black and heather gray. I picked up swatches from Vogue of some lovely menswear and wool crepe. Ms. PB also allowed me to select a pattern. I chose Butterick 5249, with a slight modification (taper from the lower hip to the hem) it is perfect. This is not a urgent commission so I have time to finish my coat and start some things for DD.








BTW- I finished hemming the five pants for Ms. DD last night. She on vacation this week. So no pictures until she returns.

9 comments:

  1. And you said you were taking a break from sewing for other. You are just like me! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cennetta .- I am glad that you have an agenda so full. every success for this project .... ahhh, and I hope that his client will soon return from vacation to see the wonderful pants ... hugs, Paco

    ReplyDelete
  3. The skirt pattern looks hot...can't wait to see how it comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like Ms. PB's skirt choice. I just got that pattern too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That skirt is on my "buy" list. can't wait to see your intepretations of it. Haven't sewed for others for ages(last year), at some point I got so fed up to sew things that weren't interesting to me, LOL!!!I'm bad that way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the style of the pencil skirt and look forward to your FOs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you are going to be busy! I want to try and make a pencil skirt.
    I can't wait to see your coat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW busy busy busy, Wishing you luck and wait to see how everything turns out.:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've recently gotten a repeat commission for two more tops for my co-worker Dawn. I finished one yesterday that she is going to wear to work tomorrow (pics to come soon) and I have another one to make over the weekend. I can relate to the hesitance to sew for someone else (in my case, because it takes away from sewing for ME, LOL) but it does feel good to have people love what you make them and have it fit them so nicely.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin