Friday, May 22, 2009

Gratefulness - Award Nomination



Much appreciation to Opal and
Omega for nominating me for the Attitude of Gratitude Award.

One of the rules for accepting the award is to tell my story of "attitude or gratitude". Well, here goes.

Once upon a time, there was a little baby girl born to the proud parents of Nathaniel and Mary at Cook County Hospital. lol Okay, Okay. I'm getting serious.

My life has been journey, like everyone else's. Along the way I've had some ups and downs. God has so blessed me beyond what I could ever express in this post. Daily I think about His goodness and His unfailing love. It's a constant reminder of what we, "I" have to do and be: love my brothers and sisters and to be Christ like.

There are many stories I could tell, but I'll keep it to just one. About seven years ago, I nearly lost the function of my kidneys. I had test after test to make sure that was the case. The solution: surgery, of course. This health issue came at a time when I felt defeated and lost on many levels. Basically my life was falling apart: nasty divorce, living with my mom, troubled child and financially challenged. A mess. But God rescued me. God's people, people I least expected to help me. They did just that helped me, loved me, through a difficult time. Now, I'm better for it. This isn't the only thing that keeps my attitude in check. I was blessed upon breathing, seeing, eating, etc., long before 2002. This time, this situation, brought me to a low point of hope. It was a pivotal point in life that made me hyper-sensitive to situations, feelings, and conditions. It humbled me further. Gratitude begot gratitude.

I'm not sure who has been nominated already, but I'd like to recoganize a few people for this award:

Ann
Adrienne
Karen
Lori
Linda
Paco
Kat
Susan
Kimberlee



Attitude of Gratitude

The Rules of Accepting and Sharing this Award
1. Put the logo on your blog or post
2. Nominate a few blogger's that show an attitude of gratitude
3. Link to your nominees within your post
4. Comment on their blogs to let them know they've received this award
5. Share the love and link to this post and the person who nominated you for the award.
6. Tell us how you've come to have an attitude of gratitude

5 comments:

  1. Awwwww, thank you so much for the award!

    You're definitely a very strong lady, it's very admirable. :) Not everyone bounces back from everything you mentioned. You're an inspiration. :):):):)

    Hugs,
    Lory

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, GOD IS GOOD!!! Girl, now you've got me telling my business. LOL! Thanks for the award and hopefully my gratitude will inspire others when I share the way that yours has inspired me. XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful story. And yes God is good all the time, and all the time God is good. Can I get an Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you very much, Cennetta .- I am glad to receive this award from you. a big hug and happy week.

    Paco

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin